Friday, March 31, 2006

Something from My Travel Journal

. . . and then the door swings open.

I lunge forward, both fists drawn back
sharply, and lash out, my robotic synapses
flashing at the speed of light.

Suddenly, I'm through the room, only barely
able to register the mass of bloody Carnelians
I've left behind.

I'm a hunter being hunted, and I'm very tired.
(and drunk)

They've had me on the run now for close to 71oo years,
and I've been across the universe to avoid any more of their
tortuous transmutations only to be continually hunted down and
placed back in my prison.

They are the ones. The ones. They are . . .
the ones.
The ones. They are . . . the ones who have . . .
punished me to a life of eternity, by injecting me
with robotic immunoid sentries and rebuilding parts of my
body with materials culled from at least 15 of the dimensions
that human beings cannot even begin to fathom.

For thousands of years, I was their slave. As they rebuilt me, time and time again,
perfecting their skills for human rehabilitation,
I was forced to endure pains and agonies the likes of which you mortals could never
understand.

At first they called me the bringer of fire. At first they called me Prometheus. I made the leap out of my human clothing and into something much greater, more sacred. I had discovered the unfound door and unlocked it. I escaped into the dark night of space, only to be captured basking in the glow of Kappa Andromadae, a yellow dwarf in the Andromeda star cluster. That was when it all began. I had broken some of their unspoken rules. Their rules are woven into the fabric of all that exists, and I, the bringer, had set their fabric aflame.

They
took me in,
changed me,
rearranged me,
disassembled me,
and put me back together,
piece by piece, cell by cell,
rearranging me in a manner that
allowed me to walk the halls of time and space for
all eternity, but then I escaped, and I ran and that's when they caught me again.

You wonder why I'm so angry--try a thousand years worth of pain that, alone, would kill
a human being--and then as a final punishment, to be returned to the most inhospitable planet in the universe, a scumsucker's refuge--planet Earth. Or step one for me. The place I'd spent my whole life trying to abandon. I was back with the virus of humanity. It was my eternal punishment to walk amongst your number and be forced to endure your ever-evolving stupidity.

Tell me your toaster wouldn't be set to "DARK."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, son, are a piker.