Thursday, May 31, 2007

Gleam of Knife

I'm a good man,
who got pushed too far.

There's no love in San Sulpice,
there's no twist in Penelope's neck,
there's no anger in that old prick's face over there,
there's no reason to be jealous,
but there is a gleam of knife with your name on it.

I've been drinking, sure,
and I'm drunk right now.
My name is James Herring,
and I'm going to kill you
for what you've done to me.
When I find you, your time's run out,
you've wasted it on a life
that lacked courage and
the ability to forge healthy relationships.

I believe in things,
I do.
And when you believe in things,
you can only be so flexible,
before you realize something
needs done.

It's time to clean up this mess.

A tree is planted in the forest
by the forces of nature
and THAT is no different than what
I'm about to do.

My name is James Herring.

I'm a good man,
who got pushed too far.

No comments: