Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Birthday

I'm almost a million years old this week. Can you believe I've been around almost as long as stupidity? I was reflecting on my life last night, and it made me happy:

snorting cocaine with Castro
the opium parties with Coleridge
sniffing glue with the Ramones
the tuna fish sandwiches
eating from a can of nickel dog food with a spoon
living on that planet that revolves around Tau Ceti as an alien prisoner-of-war
being converted by that vampire
being converted by that priest
being converted by that prostitute in Vegas
the hot dogs
the Fantomas concerts
the week I spent working at that slaughterhouse just outside Ann Arbor
the six years I ate nothing but jelly beans and beef jerky to stay alive in the crawlspace under that house in Dallas (thanks Dan for bringing me that grub)
the day I taught high school English to that family of robots from Germany

So many memories.


No comments: